Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Little Black Book.

As I was cleaning today, I came across a little black book, it was my little New Testament bible given to me by my grandma when I was only 7 yrs. old, and her name was Aurelia Estrada Rios. She was a fervent prayer warrior and wife of a Pastor, his name was Secundino Rios. I was so happy to find it, I quickly opened it up to see, if I could find anything that maybe I had highlighted as a special verse. I felt like a child looking for candy. The first verse I found was John 1-32. I find it interesting that at age 7yrs old, the Lord was speaking to me about the Holy Spirit. My grandma was such a special person to me, I love her so much. She often would talk to me for long periods of time, encouraging me and giving me good advice. One image of her that's still in my mind was when I would see her pray for hours on her knees. She always prayed for her family, that one day they would all come to the feet of Jesus. One thing I know for sure, it's that our prayers are never in vain, the majority of her family today serves the Lord. God hears the prayers of our previous generation and we reap now the rewards. We should always sow seeds of prayers for our family, children, and friends, praying for their harvest, their salvation and never loosing hope.
In this life we can choose to focus on the negative memories or the positive ones. I encourage you today; focus on the positive things in life. Remember someone who has positively impacted your life, it's a great way to stir up a spirit of appreciation.  If you feel it in your heart, give someone a significant gift, write them a letter of encouragement, leave something special for the next generation, that maybe one day, they will be cleaning or opening a box like I was and find a positive memory of them. In John 1-32, I'm actually reminded that one of great gifts left to us by our Heavenly Father was the gift of the Holy Spirit, our Comforter. Today, I just want to say, "Grandma I love you so much! Thank you for my gift and for praying for me!"
"I rejoice at your word as one finds great treasure." Psalm 119-162.

There are amazingly wonderful people in all walks of life: some familiar to us and others not. Stretch yourself and really get to know people. People are in many ways one of our greatest treasures. ~Bryant McGill


Be Encouraged!
In His Love
Estela

1 comment:

  1. This was a much needed reminder. We find ourselves so busy everyday that we sometimes forget to be grateful for the people in our lives. This also gave me a gentle reminder to keep on praying for others. I love your blogs! I have one too but I have never used it because I couldn't figure out how to get it going lol You have inspired me to do it! Thanks for your encouraging words Estela. I look forward to getting to know you and your family! Lynn Maturno

    ReplyDelete