Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finding Rest Today.


Trying to Find Rest Today.


As I was making my bed today, my little 3yr. old boy began helping me straighten the bed sheets. As we were about finishing, he looks at me with his little brown eyes and "suddenly" rushes up on top of the bed lifts one side of the blanket sheet and hides underneath it, it just took him 3 seconds, he starts to giggle away, then staying quite pretending he's sleeping, so I played along with him for a while.

 After a few minutes, I noticed him slowly closing his eyes, his eyelids slowly shutting close, he was falling asleep. I immediately stood quite making sure not to make any noise, as I immediately began thinking about my opportunity to do other chores while he sleep’s but as I stood over him, and watched his calm sleep something caught my attention as I gazed at him hearing his little deep breath snoring, a thought came to my mind.  I thought about how God covers us with His love. I was reminded that in His presence we find rest, under His protection we find security.

As adults we can easily forget where to find” rest." My son knew exactly were to run, he ran under the covers. In the book of Psalm we read King David would hide under the shadow of the Almighty under the wings. Psalm 91-4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You see real rest is found only in God.  The word "finding rest" could mean different things to different people but for me, it's when I come to the place of acknowledging that when I run out of strength, I could depend on God's strength, to finish the goal. It's when I acknowledge that His ways are better than my ways and I obey His voice, walking by faith and not by sight.  I thank God His promises are always "yes" and "amen" and He always shows up on time. God promises to us, that He will never leave us or forsake us. Stand on this promise today!  
Keep trusting in the Lord, You are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.
( Psalm 125-1)
 Don’t be moved by your circumstances come to the place called "rest" and get under HIS COVERING.
"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way, The Lord be with you all"   (2Thessalonians 3-16)

Stay  Encouraged!
 In His Love
 Estela






1 comment: